As an Amazon Affiliate, we may earn a commission on eligible purchases made through our referrals. Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Great travel benefits, several business statement credit opportunities, and an amazing 35% Pay with Points rebate are why we hold The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
(Looking for the personal/consumer version of the Platinum Card? Click here.)
Current Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 bonus American Express® Membership Rewards® after you spend $15,000 on purchases on the card within the first three (3) months of being approved for card membership. Terms apply. (Learn here how to apply for this offer.)
Card Type: American Express
What Kind of Points/Miles the Card Earns: American Express® Membership Rewards®
Annual Fee: $695 for the primary cardholder. Additional cardholders may be added for $350 each. (See Rates and Fees)
Foreign Transaction Fees: $0 (See Rates and Fees)
APR: reg_apr,reg_apr_type (See Rates and Fees)
Points Earnings (terms apply to each):
- 5X points on flights and pre-paid hotels booked with American Express Travel
- 1.5X on eligible purchases at:
- US construction material
- hardware suppliers
- electronic goods retailers
- software & cloud system providers
- shipping providers
- 1.5X on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, (up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year)
- 1X on all other eligible purchases
- 35% Airline Bonus (Pay With Points Rebate)
- This is the reason we hold the card — and will as long as Amex includes the benefit. Earn back 35% of Membership Rewards points you use to pay for all or part of an eligible flight booked with American Express Travel. Earn back up to 1 million points per calendar year.
- An eligible flight is a First or Business Class ticket with or any class on an airline you select from a list of select carriers.
- Enrollment is required and terms apply.
- Complimentary access to airport lounges
- American Express Centurion Lounges when traveling with a confirmed seat on a same-day flight
- Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta-operated or -marketed flight.
- Escape Lounge by Centurion Suites (with up to two guests) when traveling on a same-day flight
- Priority Pass Select membership (enrollment required)
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your card. (Enrollment is required.) Read this post on Eye of the Flyer for more information.
- $189 CLEAR® Plus Credit: Receive up to $189 in statement credits each calendar year for CLEAR Plus membership costs charged to your card. (Enrollment required. Taxes and fees not eligible. Terms apply)
- $100 Global Entry Credit: Receive either a $100 statement credit every four (4) years for a Global Entry application fee or a statement credit up to $85 every 4.5 years for a TSA PreCheck® (through a TSA official enrollment provider) application fee. (Terms apply.) Global Entry comes with TSA PreCheck and is the better value, in our opinion. So many travel credit cards offer this benefit — as Chris points out on Eye of the Flyer, you can “gift” it to someone else.
- Fine Hotels + Resorts: Enjoy early check-in and room upgrades (when available), daily breakfast for two (valued at up $60 total each day), a resort or spa credit (varies by property), and guaranteed late check-out. (Terms apply.)
- Complimentary Gold Elite Status with Marriott Bonvoy (terms apply, enrollment required.).
- Complimentary Gold Elite Status with Hilton Honors(terms apply, enrollment required.).
- Complimentary Hertz President Circle status (terms apply, enrollment required.).
- Complimentary Avis Preferred Plus membership and discounts (terms apply, enrollment required.).
Business Purchases Statement Credit Opportunities:
- $120 Wireless Telephone Service Credit: Earn up to $10 back in statement credits each month on eligible purchases made directly with a U.S. wireless (cell phone) service provider. (Enrollment is required and terms apply.)
- $400 Dell Technologies Credit: Earn up to $200 in statement credits from January through June, then another $200 from July through December on eligible purchases made with Dell Technologies. This Eye of the Flyer post explains the benefit a little better. (Enrollment is required and terms apply.)
- $150 Adobe Credit: Earn up to $150 in statement credits each calendar year for eligible annual prepaid business plan purchases with Adobe on Creative Cloud for teams or Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign for teams. Note that personal or individual plans (i.e., “only for Photoshop”) are not eligible. (Enrollment is required and terms apply.)
- $360 Indeed Credit: Earn up to $90 in statement credits for eligible purchases made with Indeed. (Enrollment is required and terms apply.)
See Rates and Fees for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.