As an Amazon Affiliate, we may earn a commission on eligible purchases made through our referrals. Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card is a must-have for Marriott enthusiasts. It’s packed with great benefits — including a generous Free Night Award and complimentary Platinum Elite status.
Card Type: American Express.
What Kind of Points/Miles the Card Earns: Marriott Bonvoy points.
Annual Fee: $650 (See Rates and Fees.)
Additional Cardholders: $0 (See Rates and Fees.)
Foreign Transaction Fees: $0 (See Rates and Fees.)
APR: reg_apr,reg_apr_type (See Rates and Fees.)
- 6X on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- 3X at restaurants worldwide
- 3X on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2X on all other eligible purchases
- Where Can You Apply?: Here is an affiliate link to our friends at CardRatings. We don’t see any information (name, address, SSN, income, pet’s name, your pet’s maiden name, your maiden’s pet name, etc.) you submit. Thank you for helping support the blog!
Read on below for more details about the card!
- Annual Anniversary Night: Starting year two of card membership, you’ll receive a Free Award Night valued at up to 85,000 points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Platinum Elite Status in the Marriott Bonvoy Program. Benefits include:
- Earn 50% bonus points on stays
- Enhanced room upgrades, including select suites. Subject to availability.
- Welcome Gift Choice
- Points, breakfast offering, or amenity. (Varies by brand.)
- Lounge access
- Free in-room Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership (enrollment required)
- Up to $100 every 4.5 years for Global Entry or TSA Pre√ application or renewal fees (enrollment required)
- Up to $100 in property credit for qualifying charges (including room service and spa treatments) when you book direct at The Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis using a special rate for a 2-night minimum stay on your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- 25 elite night credits
- Earned Choice Award Benefit: Select an Earned Choice Benefit after spending $60,000 on your Brilliant® Card during a calendar year. (A maximum of one Earned Choice Award applies per calendar year.)
- 5 Suite Night Awards™
- A Free Night Award valued at up to 85,000 points
- $1000 Off a Bed from Marriott Bonvoy® Boutiques
- Trip cancellation, interruption, and delay coverage.
- Up to $500 per Covered Trip that is delayed for more than 6 hours; and 2 claims per Eligible Card per 12 consecutive month period.
- Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.
- Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details.
- Underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
Other Statement Credit Opportunities
- $300 Brilliant Dining Credit: You can earn up to $25 in monthly statement credit when using your card to pay for purchases at restaurants worldwide, up to $300 each calendar year. (Enrollment is required. Terms apply.)
Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.