This post may contain references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those advertisers. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For more information about our Advertising Policy, please visit this page. As an Amazon Affiliate, we may earn a commission on eligible purchases made through our referrals. Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
I am back today from 10 days at the All-Inclusive Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica. It was a very nice visit and even more so since I used a bunch of Hilton points to stay for almost FREE! I will cover how I did it later but you may want to look at the Hilton card offers in the “Rewards Credit Cards” tab above (hint hint)! Now on to this week’s recap of posts:
- I covered how I was able to get MSC Diamond (top) status via a status match from hotel program’s elite status (yes hotels!) that is good for a number of years and you may be able to as well. It will give me a bunch of perks when I sail MSC for the first time ever later this year.
- Next up, if you are either afraid of getting sea sick or tend to get sea sick and are scared to take a cruise because of this – we have some practical ideas to help you.
- Can a ship’s Captain really marry people at sea? I mean we have all seen it happen in the movies so it has to be real right? Our man onboard ThatGuy tells us the facts and they are most interesting.
- Have you ever crossed the equator at sea? I never had and Norwegian Cruise Lines had all hands on deck (well mostly anyway) including the captain for this amazing event! Check it out.
- Lastly I booked an 11 day cruise and I did not pay one dime for it! Yep it is 100% free including port taxes and more. How did I do it? I did it on points and Chris will show you the way.
I have to say that I dig All-Inclusive resorts but they are still not the same as getting on a cruise ship. I will have to later share why I really feel this is the case! – Rene
Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Three years ago I did a status match with MSC as I am an elite with Princess. I still had to pay for internet and laundry on MSC which I got free on Princess. Not my idea of a match. 🤨
@Leslie J. – Yeah MSC does not seem to offer laundry to anyone free. Internet is now part of the booking packages as I get mine free coming up.