This post may contain references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those advertisers. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For more information about our Advertising Policy, please visit this page. As an Amazon Affiliate, we may earn a commission on eligible purchases made through our referrals. Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
I just can not get over it is already March 4th. While COVID year(s) seemed to drag on forever I am now just trying to keep up and all the while looking at all kinds of fun things to book including some amazing cruises. But that is for later. For now let’s look at the week that was.
- ThatGuy onboard had both a kind and gruesome post about what happens to you if you happen to die on a cruise ship. So many questions answered like where they put you and what happens next. It is worth a read.
- To start the week I had a post about required mandatory gratuities. They have gotten really expensive in 2023 but they really do go to the crew and they help to make long contracts worthwhile. But can you ask for these funds back and then give them to whom you want on the ship? Even if you can – should you? Take a look.
- I have only once gone on a cruise all carryon but it is really possible even for very long sailings. It takes some effort. See if you would ever consider this as well and the pro’s and con’s of this idea in practical terms.
- If you have ever in your life sailed with NCL you are a Latitudes member. As a member you may be targeted with some sweet offers like getting 10% any Alaska cruise bookings through the end of the year (or maybe other offers as well). Here is how to look if you were targeted.
- Ever been arrested after your cruise? This woman took her family on a $22,000+ holiday and was arrested when they returned to port! Yikes.
- Last up Chris has another great post on some top Chase Ultimate Rewards card offers. I simply love getting 1.5 cents per point value and letting them pay for my cruise (tips included)!
Have you been on a cruise yet this year? Do you have one or more planned so far? Going somewhere you have never been? I would love to know! – René
Frequent Floaters has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFloaters and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.